Little Lama Family Sponsorship Program
You may choose to sponsor a student monk in the following 3 categories. The sponsorship amount for each category is $360.00 per year.
- Essential and basic daily needs: food, clothing, and medication.
- Administrative and education expenses: the cost of the facility, electricity, water, books, stationary, etc. All of the teachers work as volunteers and do not receive salaries.
- New School at Pharping: room and board expenses for each student at Pharping. Sponsorship in this category will greatly help in completing the construction of the new home and school for the students.
Please email us at email@example.com if you are interested in becoming a sponsor. Please include the category or categories you would like to sponsor.
Become a volunteer teacher at Jonang Monastery in Kathmandu, Nepal.
- 21 years old or older.
- College degree (ie. BA or higher). Volunteer experience is preferred. Teaching experience is a plus.
- Able to commit to a minimum of three full months at the monastery. There is no maximum, visa permitting.
- Volunteering, kindness, and compassion should be your top priority. An interest in ancient culture, art, the monastic education and lifestyle will be helpful.
- Able to be independent in a non-Western country, where you may not speak the local language.
You are responsible for all the expenses of this trip including the cost of staying in Kathmandu during your stay. The monastery can provide three simple meals per day at fixed daily meal times.
Please email us your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you think you are qualified and please indicate when you can arrive to teach.